Saturday, December 13, 2008
A Christmas Tag - Getting To Know You
My friend Beth in NC tagged me. Tis the season -- enjoy!
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?Hot Chocolate! Anything chocolate actually. Ha.
2.Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?Wrap
3. Colored lights on house/tree or white? When we had a house it was mostly white lights
4. Do you hang mistletoe?No. I haven't done that in years.
5.When do you put your decorations up?I usually begin the day after Thanksgiving.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Bread dressing and salad
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? I don't really have one....
8.When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? After I caught my big brother drinking and eating Santa's goodies (he belched and I thought it was Santa) I then saw my mom putting the presents under the tree.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?Yes, Christmas day is Jesus's birthday...
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? It depends... this year though we gave up our big tree and got an already decorated 3 foot tree.
11. Snow. Love it or dread it?I love snow (on Christmas), though I rarely get to see it.
12. Can you ice skate?Never could... but I love to watch it!
13. Do you remember your favorite gift?I think one of my favorite gifts as a child was my easy bake oven.
14. What is the most important thing about the holidays to you?The birth of Jesus and having my family around me.
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert?Mincemeat pie
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Christmas Eve... we go to candle light service, then come home for homemade snacks, listen to Christmas music, light all the candles, turn on Christmas lights and open presents.
17. What tops your Christmas tree? At one time it was a star, then a cross, then an angel...now, nothing...
18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving?I love to give!
19. What is your favorite Christmas song?I love all of the old Christmas hymns, but "Mary Did You Know" is one of my favorites if I have to pick a newer song.\20. Candy Canes. Yum or Yuck?Yuk!
21. What do you want for Christmas?Peace on Earth, good health and safety for my family
22. Do you attend an annual Christmas party? Yes .
23. Do you dress up for Christmas Eve or wear PJ's? good church clothes.
24. Do you own a Santa hat.? I think we still it...
25. Who do you normally spend Christmas with?My little family. Before I became too ill, we would always invite those who have no families or are alone for the holidays.
Now it is my turn to tag some friends: I tag anyone who wants to participate. Here are the rules:1. Post the rules on your blog.2. Fill out the questions.3. Tag 5-7 people at the end of your post.4. Pass on the tag!