"God Is Love." John states that "God is love" (1John 4:8). God does not simply love; he is love. Everything that God does flows from his love. God's Love is unconditional, sacrificial and Biblically refers to a love that God is (1Jn 4:8,16), that God shows (Jn 3:16, 1Jn 4:9) and that God makes possible in His children (Gal 5:22).
God is love and has demonstrated that love in everything that he does. In 1 Corinthians 13:13, Paul compares faith, hope, and love, and concludes that "the greatest of these is love". Love is the very nature of God, and the greatest of the Christian virtues. Attributes of God's love include patience, kindness, protection, trusting, hoping, and persevering. The following are attributes that God's love is not: envious, boastful, proud, rude, self-seeking, easily angered, a recorder of wrongs or does it take delight in evil.
The Love of God is DESCRIBED AS:
- Sovereign -Dt 7:8; 10:15
- Great -Ep 2:4
- Abiding -Zeph 3:17
- Unfailing -Is 49:15,16
- Unalienable -Ro 8:39
- Constraining Ho 11:4
- Everlasting -Je 31:3
- Irrespective of merit -Dt 7:7; Job 7:17
The Love of God is MANIFESTED TOWARDS:
- His saints -John 16:27; 17:23; 2 Thessalonians 2:16; 1 John 4:16
- The needy Deuteronomy 10:18
- The cheerful giver -2 Corinthians 9:7
The Love of God is EXHIBITED IN:
- The giving of Christ -John 3:16
- The sending of Christ -1John 4:9
- Christ’s dying for us while sinners -Romans 5:8; 1 John 4:10 "In this is love,not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins. "
- Redemption -Isaiah 43:3,4; 63:9
- Freeness of salvation Titus 3:4-7
- Forgiving sin -Isaiah 38:17
- Quickening of souls -Ephesians 2:4,5
- Drawing us to himself -Hosea 11:4
- Temporal blessings -Deuteronomy 7:13
- Chastisements -Hebrews 12:6
- Defeating evil counsel Deuteronomy 23:5
The Love of God is:
- Shed abroad in the heart by the Holy Spirit -Romans 5:5 "and hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out within our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us."
The Love of God is:
- Known and Believed by the Saints -1John 4:16 “ We have come to know and have believed the love which God has for us God is love, and the one who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him.”
The Love of God:
- Should abide in the Saints -Jude 1:21 "Keep yourselves in the love of God, waiting anxiously for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to eternal life."
The Love of God is PERFECTED IN SAINTS:
- By obedience – 1John 2:5
- By brotherly love -1 John 4:12
The Love Of God is:
- The source of our love to him -1 John 4:19 "We love, because He first loved us."
The Love of God:
- To be sought in prayer -2 Corinthians 13:14
Look for evidences of God’s love for you all throughout the day, and remind yourself often that you are the object of His endless love. Tell several others during the day that God loves them. Return tomorrow and share with us, whether on your blog (use my button and link back to my post... let me know you did this), or leave a comment on Wednesday's post, - the evidences of God's love for you; and also share with us how you told others that God loves them and their response.
Continuation and Application of the Attribute of God: Love
Where would we be without His unfailing love! It's beyond comprehension. I'm still trying to grasp the fact that I am the object of His love. In some Christian circles this is not brought out. What's brought out is the fact that we are sinful beings. True... BUT .... The truth is "God is love!"
Thanks for this wonderful post.
Love you, sis.
What a refreshing read to be reminded, in all these different aspects, how abundant the love of God is.
I know that I will never be capable of loving people with God's love because I am human...& sometimes I cannot grasp fully His love for that very reason. Thank God His love is unconditional & the purest form of love. Awesome post!
Such a lovely post.
You have broken this down wonderfully. It's all about Love/relationship not religion.
God Is Love, he loves us unconditionally. This is a great post sister.
Blessings & hugggsss
Awesome teaching! I Love reading about how God's love is so unconditional. Thanks so much! Blessings...
I often look for signs of Gods love. And sometimes when I am feeling a little needy I ask Him to be really blatant in the way He tells me. And He patiently does it..because He love me.
It is good for me to remind myself what His love is really like...because it is easy to allow this world to taint my picture of Him.
I will see what I can come up with for Wednesday.
Some days it just hits me while driving to work that His love is indescribable. When I think about how much it cost to be reconciled to God (Christ on the cross), I can't but help myself and share His love with others through my actions.
Thank you so much for sharing you wisdom on God's love with us. BTW - 1 Corinthians 13:13 was my confirmation verse :)
Post a Comment