As most of us know this month is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. So many of us have been touched in some way by this most dreadful disease. In my family we had a great-grandmother and cousin die from breast cancer, as well as other cousins and a sister-in-law who are breast cancer survivors. I have also had my best friend die from breast cancer ten years ago and I have other friends who are survivors. Breast Cancer is no respecter of persons.
Cousin on left of picture battling her second round of breast cancer. She lost a daughter from this disease several years ago. My Aunt on right has a daughter my age who is a breast cancer survivor.
Please make sure you get your mammograms and do your self examinations monthly. I am so thankful for those who work so diligently to try to find a cure for Breast Cancer as well as other diseases.
There is always so much to be thankful for every day. God is truly faithful. I have been blessed by knowing these beautiful ladies who bravely fought and continue to fight the fight of breast cancer. Those who have gone on before us, I look forward to seeing them once again in their whole-heavenly bodies.
My friend Lorie from All You Have to Give, wrote a great devotion to remind us to get our mammograms for Breast Cancer Awareness Month called: Just Taking Care of the Temple at Internet Cafe. Thank you Lorie for this beautiful reminder and may we all pray for a cure of this dreaded disease.
Lynn at Spiritually Unequal Marriage challenged us to write 10 Things You Don't Know About Me.
This may be difficult since I am an open book on my blog, but I will try to tell you somethings you may not know about me.
- I was a biter as a child. I crawled out of my crib and bit my sister on her back and she still has the scar!
- I attended three different kindergartens in three months.
- Years ago I was a kindergarten teacher at a Christian School.
- My father died in my home from cancer.
- At one time when our daughter and family lived with us, we had 4 dogs, 2 cats, 2 birds, 1 snake, 1 gerbil, and multitude of fish!
- I love to sing.
- My first kiss was in 6th grade at a party playing spin the bottle.
- I got in trouble in 7th grade for putting a whoopee cushion on the seat of Mrs. Hicky, my German teacher. (yes, that is her real name - we had fun with that one)
- I sang an entire song at the Arizona State Right To Life Rally without knowing there was no sound going through my mic! Yes, no one heard me! Maybe that was a good thing.
- I think chocolate is in my blood!
To view other Thankful posts please visit Lynn at Spiritually Unequal Marriage
Yes, I still have the scare and the scar! LOL
Love you, sis. Great post.
yes, mammograms are so important. I have so many friends with it right now. So sad.
I never kknew you were a biter. LOL too funny.
Our oldest daughter works in one of the countries corporate offices for the American Cancer Society. I've learned so much from her. And I LOVED your list of 10.
Thanks for the awesome fav song of mine.....and the sobering message. Happy TT
Oh GIRl.. I was a biter as a child. I crawled out of my crib and bit my sister on her back and she still has the scar!
I attended three different kindergartens in three months.
Years ago I was a kindergarten teacher at a Christian School.
I am cackling so loud over these my husband just walked back to my office to see what was the matter.
Hilarious. Love you girl. See you again this Thursday. Lynn
Post a Comment